CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
The Slide Room Gallery (SRG) is looking for submissions based on the following criteria:
-the work needs to be wall-mounted or related to the wall somehow
-work can be drawing, painting, sculpture, photography or video
-the work needs to relate to the current contemporary art dialogue
SUBMISSIONS SHOULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS
- COVER LETTER (1 page maximum, including artist’s information: name, email address, phone number, & mailing address). Cover letter should include brief summary of proposed exhibition.
- CURRICULUM VITAE (2 pages maximum)
- ARTIST’S STATEMENT (1 page maximum)
- EXHIBITION PROPOSAL (1 page maximum, including any special requirements)
- ARTIST’S BIO (150 words maximum)
- 8–10 JPEGS (or audio /visual performances) (Format Requirements: 500KB–1MB, 72 dpi, 1024 x 768) * NOTE: All JPEGS and A/V performances MUST be labeled using the following format: Sequence #, First Initial, Last Name; Title; Year Produced (Example: 1KSmith-Title-2019)
- IMAGE LIST (Including: SEQUENCE#; FIRST INITIAL, LAST NAME; TITLE; DIMENSIONS; MEDIUM; YEAR)
Applications should be submitted by a file sharing program such as Dropbox and sent to email@example.com. Do not send directly via email.
•The SRG will install work however the artist is welcome to provide input or assist in the installation. A curator will be assigned to each exhibition and they can assist in the curatorial decisions of where the work should be installed.
• The gallery is located in the Vancouver Island School of Art and is open to the public when classes are not taking place: on Mondays from 9:30-5:30 pm, and during lunch hour (1-2pm) Monday-Friday. Artist can arrange after hour viewings on the weekend by appointment.
• Exhibition openings are on Saturdays, 1-4.
• Artist is required to give an artist talk on day of opening, Saturday, 2pm
• All work should be for sale and the SRG takes 20% commission (exceptions can be made).
• The SRG does not cover the cost of shipping the work.
• Please review the above submission checklist. Only complete email submissions will be accepted.
Submissions to the Slide Room Gallery are accepted on an on-going basis.
Three-dimensional rendition of space